Gratitude- meaning to be thankful, show appreciation and reciprocate kindness to one another… I’ve always been thankful for things, but I have never been truly thankful for things until recently. I started putting some deep thought into things that I am thankful for in order to live a happier, more fulfilling life. Previously, all I would ever have in regards to any situation– was negative thoughts. You could tell me I won a million dollars, and I’d probably find something to bitch about, I’m not even kidding, it was insane. But, then I decided for the sake of myself and everyone else around me, I needed to change that.
Thats when I started to think differently. I would turn whatever negative thought I was having into a positive one. Here are five things I’ve been taking for granted, but seriously could not be more thankful for.
- My Job — I honestly do not like working, but instead of thinking about how much going to work sucks, and how much I’d rather be doing other things… I’ve now chosen to be grateful that I have the job that I do. There are so many people who struggle to have a job, I am lucky enough to have one that treats me well. Ever since I’ve started thinking this way, work has been much more enjoyable.
- My Friends — Cheesy, I know. But seriously, I used to get so frustrated listening to my friends problems. It would make my blood boil, but now, instead of getting annoyed when my friend is upset about a boy, or a stupid situation, I appreciate that they feel like they can confide in me, and I listen 100% (most of the time), and I’m not afraid to give my advice, wether its nice or not. I’ve noticed since I’ve given more attention to my friends instead of giving the same generic advice, that my relationships with friends have become much stronger.
- My Relationship — I’ve been with Josh for almost four years now, and we’ve lived together for pretty much four years. In that amount of time, we start to lean on each other to do things. A few weeks ago he left for a week and I realized how much stuff he does. Since then, I’ve eased up a little bit on asking for help– and I also appreciate everything he does for me that much more. I’ve always appreciated him, but that was just a little reminder that he does a ton for me, and is my biggest support, so for that I am grateful xox.
- Family — this is obvious. I am a very family oriented person, more so than anybody else in my family really… but I dont mind that. NEVER TAKE YOUR FAMILY FOR GRANTED. Please show your parents love every single day, you never know when you will lose them– SHOW. THEM. LOVE.
- My blog — This is a new outlet for me to share my ideas. I was so nervous to do this at first, and for the first few months I kept it a secret and had posts sitting there, never being read. Now– I’ve become so thankful for it. Writing this blog gives me something to do when I’m not working, it allows me to constantly educate myself, connect with people, and its a bonus that I love to write + share my experiences/reviews. Either way, I’m thankful for the blog, even though its small right now!
This is just a reminder to everybody, that even though life sucks sometimes– that if you manifest your negative thoughts into something more positive you will start to notice small improvements in your life– which can relive tons of stress in the long run! Whats the worst that could happen? You become a little more thankful for those around you?!