Every single week, I go to the grocery store and stock up on tons of produce. More times than I’d like to admit, most of those veggies go straight to the green bin because I never know what to do with all of them. Until recently, when I went onto Pinterest and found a crustless quiche recipe from The Yooper Girl’s blog! I decided to create a variation of her recipe, and it turned out to be delicious!
You Will Need:
1 Cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
1 bunch fresh Spinach
Asparagus (for topping)
Broccoli crowns (half of a small head), chopped
Feta Cheese (crumbled)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (and some extra for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan on medium heat, sauté butter and minced garlic for 3-4 minutes, add chopped broccoli and chopped spinach to pan, sauté until spinach is wilted (about 5-6 minutes).
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and parmesan cheese.
- Take the dish you are using to cook your quiche in, and spray it with cooking oil. Add spinach and broccoli to bottom of dish. Sprinkle feta cheese on top–use as much or as little as you would like! Just remember, the more you add, the saltier it will taste.
- Pour egg/milk/cheese mixture over top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and add asparagus.
- Cook in oven for 40 minutes, then 15 minutes covered in tin foil.
- Remove and let cool for about 10 minutes
- Slice and serve!
I love quiche because its easy to reheat and take with me, and it sneaks in veggies in the morning. Some days its hard to even sneak veggies in at all. Another bonus is its filling, and low carb! I also love how versatile quiche is, you could change the veggies and cheeses and use the 4 egg/1 cup milk/cheese as a base to create your own recipes! What do you like to put in your quiches? Feel free to comment with ideas!
The original post that sparked my inspiration for this Crustless Quiche! Link below: